Special Savings on this Physical Therapy CEU Course, Just $99
Are you interested in learning more about nutrition? This course will teach you the basics to help guide your patients to making good, healthy choices that will improve their quality of life and outcomes.
Do you have questions about nutrition but are not sure where to start? This intro course will provide basic knowledge of food and nutrition.
This online course lasts 3 hours (3 CEH) and includes multiple modules on macronutrients, calories, food groups and daily requirements in respect to a normal, healthy population
Discover what you'll learn in the Introduction to Nutrition course with this overview from Dr. Sean M. Wells, DPT, PT, OCS, ATC/L, CSCS, NSCA-CPT, Cert-DN.
The purpose of the online Introduction to Nutrition course is to provide physical therapists (PTs) and physical therapist assistants (PTAs), and other similar healthcare providers like Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistant, Athletic Trainers (ATs, OTs, SLP) with the basic knowledge of nutrition and food.
Did you know that the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) House of Delegates (HOD) recently passed a measure stating that PTs can and should provide nutritional counseling within their scope of training and education?
Hear what Dr. Sean M. Wells, DPT, PT, OCS, ATC/L, CSCS, NSCA-CPT, Cert-DN has to say about the need for Nutritional Physical Therapy education.
Objectives: At the conclusion of the course, PTs and PTAs will be able to:
1. Define foundational principles of nutrition, such as macronutrients, micronutrients, daily limits/recommendations.
2. Understand the concept of the food industry and lobbies as it relates to food choices for health and wellness
3. Outline the function of specific nutrients as it relates to health and physical therapy
4. Identify foods sources for nutrients
5. Compare and contrast differing diet patterns of physical therapy patients including: the standard American diet (SAD), the Mediterranean diet, the plant-based diet, and other diets.
6. Identify common dietary assessments used in nutritional assessments by physical therapists
7. Analyze food labels to counsel physical therapy patients on food contents and nutrients
The 3 hour online course is only $99 and can be taken at your own pace. It is presented in a multimedia approach including visual, auditory, and interactive components to optimize your learning. Brief quizzes throughout the course and an end-of-course exam will promote retention and success in achieving the course objectives. The content is reading-focused, it is not in lecture style format
The Florida Physical Therapy Association (FPTA), a component of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), approves this course for Florida CE credit for physical therapists (PTs) or Physical Therapy Assistants (PTAs).
Take all 3 of our Nutritional Physical courses, 9 hours of credits, and save over $60!
Take our 3, online, board-approved, continuing education courses for $239.00. The bundle includes Course I: Introduction to Nutrition, Course II: Nutrition Assessment / Prescription, and Course III: Specialized Nutrition for PTs.Learn More About the 3 Course Bundle
"This course should be required for all PTs. I took all 3 courses offered by Sean. I highly recommend it."
Get the knowledge to feel confident & help your patients make healthy choices that will improve their quality of life and outcomes.