State Approval of Our
Physical Therapy Continuing Education Courses
Ready to take your practice to the next level? Below outlines what states accept our courses, which offer 9 Hours of Continuing Competency Credits (CEUs).
PT Nutriton Guidelines by State
Each of our physical therapy CEU courses will provide 3 CE credits (CEHs) for PTs and PTAs approved by the Florida Physical Therapy Association (FPTA).
As of Jan 2022, our courses have reciprocal acceptance with most states! Look below to find your state.
Seven of these states, denoted with an asterisk, require enrollees to submit additional information for acceptance (usually a form listing what the course objectives are, additional information on the speaker, etc.). Our team is happy to help you with any additional information that your State board requests, just contact us through our contact tab.
Nearly 88% of States Accept Our Courses
ALL BOLD STATES HAVE RECIPROCAL ACCEPTANCE:
- California - not approved
- Illinois* (see note below)
- Louisiana* (see note below)
- Maryland* (see note below)
- Mississippi* (see note below)
- Nevada - For CEU's, click either Emobdia or WebEx
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey* (see note below)
- New Mexico
- New York - not approved
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Ohio - For CEU's, click either Emobdia or WebEx
- Oklahoma - For CEU's, click either Emobdia or WebEx
- Pennsylvania* (see note below)
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Texas - not approved
- West Virginia* (see note below)
*If your state was one of the 7 above with an asterisk, we can help. Your state board may require enrollees to submit additional information for acceptance. Usually this is a form listing what the course objectives are, additional information on the speaker, etc. Our team is happy to help you with any additional information that your State board requests, just contact us
Your State Doesn't Accept Our Online CEU Courses? Don't Stress!
Currently there are only 7 states where our courses are not approved for continuing education: (CA, NV, NY, OH, OK, MN, TX).
If you reside in NV, OH or OK but still would like to earn physical therapy CEUs, please click here to enroll in the course through Emobdia or WebEx, where CEUs can be possibly earned (except CA, NY, MN and TX).
Can You Offer Nutrition Advice in Your State?
Anyone can perform nutrition counseling on their own, and the APTA House of Delegates (HOD) recently passed a measure stating that PTs can and should provide nutritional counseling within their scope of training and education. But what about your state specifics?
- Although there is no legal opposition to individuals performing nutrition counseling on their own, insurance limitations regarding reimbursement eligibility may apply.
- The answer to whether anyone can perform nutrition counseling on their own remains yes, however only an RD (Registered Dietitian) is accredited and authorized to be recognized by the US Government as performing services that are eligible for reimbursement under the current health care laws.
- Unless an individual is licensed (or exempt in some cases), that individual cannot legally perform specific nutrition counseling. Additional licenses are available for nutritionists not interested in becoming an RD.
- Unless an individual is licensed (or exempt in some cases), that individual cannot legally perform specific nutrition counseling. The fact remains that unless one becomes licensed as an RD, they would remain ineligible.
What Does This Mean for You? Check out one of our most popular blogs on this topic: Can PTs Give Nutrition Advice. Learn about what the APTA says on this topic as well as the different types of nutrition counseling and what they mean for you.
Join the thousands of PTs who have taken Our Physical Therapy Continuing Education Courses
Explore our nutrition and physical therapy CEU courses. Our expert team offers you online CEU courses in nutrition, which you can take at your own pace.
Course I: Introduction to Nutrition
Course II: Nutrition Assessment/ Prescription (3 Credits)
Being able to assess a patient's diet and make concrete recommendations can make the difference in a person's life. Nutrition services can also be a major booster to your bottom line.
Course III: Specialized Nutrition for PTs
Emerging research on the gut biome, inflammation, allergies, and supplementation will be covered. This course will also cover diet topics spanning the lifespan with a focus on pediatrics and older adults.
Nutritional Physical Therapy 3 Course Bundle
Save a bundle. Save over $60 by purchasing all 3 of our online, board-approved, continuing education courses for $239.00. The bundle includes Course I: Introduction to Nutrition, Course II: Nutrition Assessment / Prescription, and Course III: Specialized Nutrition for PTs.Learn More
Sandy M., PT
"I have wanted to better serve my patients by expanding my knowledge of nutrition and PT and now I have the confidence and educational resources to do just that."
Peter P., PT
"I have foud this course to be a lot of knowledge, informative and immediately applicable to my practice"
Join the thousands of happy PTs and PTAs that have taken our courses!
"Probably the best certification-level courses I've taken in a decade"
-Dr. Erson Religioso, DPT, PT, FAAOMPT (Modern Manual Therapy)