Are you interested in learning more about nutrition? This course will teach you the basics to help guide your patients to making good, healthy choices that will improve their quality of life and outcomes.
Do you have questions about nutrition but are not sure where to start? This intro course will provide basic knowledge of food and nutrition.
This online course lasts 3 hours (3 CEH) and includes multiple modules on macronutrients, calories, food groups and daily requirements in respect to a normal, healthy population
That's right! This course will provide 3 CE credits (CEHs) for PTs and PTAs approved by the Florida Board of Physical Therapy Association (FTPA).
Discover what you'll learn in the Introduction to Nutrition course with this overview from Dr. Sean M. Wells, DPT, PT, OCS, ATC/L, CSCS, NSCA-CPT, Cert-DN.
The purpose of the online Introduction to Nutrition course is to provide physical therapists (PTs) and physical therapist assistants (PTAs), and other similar healthcare providers like Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistant, Athletic Trainers (ATs, OTs, SLP) with the basic knowledge of nutrition and food.
Objectives: At the conclusion of the course, PTs and PTAs will be able to:
1. Define foundational principles of nutrition, such as macronutrients, micronutrients, daily limits/recommendations.
2. Understand the concept of the food industry and lobbies as it relates to food choices for health and wellness
3. Outline the function of specific nutrients as it relates to health and physical therapy
4. Identify foods sources for nutrients
5. Compare and contrast differing diet patterns of physical therapy patients including: the standard American diet (SAD), the Mediterranean diet, the plant-based diet, and other diets.
6. Identify common dietary assessments used in nutritional assessments by physical therapists
7. Analyze food labels to counsel physical therapy patients on food contents and nutrients
The 3 hour online course is only $99 and can be taken at your own pace and is presented in a multimedia approach including visual, auditory, and interactive components to optimize your learning. Brief quizzes throughout the course and an end-of-course exam will promote retention and success in achieving the course objectives.
This course is approved by the Florida Physical Therapy Association (FPTA), a component of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) for Florida CE credit for physcial therapists (PTs) or Physical Therapy Assistants (PTAs).
Get the knowledge to feel confident & help your patients make healthy choices that will improve their quality of life and outcomes.