All 3 Courses for Just $208!
Are you interested in learning more about nutrition? Help guide your patients to making good, healthy choices that will improve their quality of life and PT outcomes. Our 3 courses will cover the basics, assessment and prescription, and speciality areas of PT practice. Complete all 3 and earn your Certification in Nutritional Physical Therapy (CNPT).
Certifications give you credibility and speak to your educational accomplishments. Complete all 3 of our courses and earn the Certification in Nutritional Physical Therapy (CNPT).
This online course lasts 9 hours (9 CEH) and includes multiple modules on macronutrients, calories, food groups and daily requirements in respect to a normal, healthy population
That's right! This bundle will provide 9 CE credits (CEHs) for PTs and PTAs approved by the Florida Board of Physical Therapy Association (FTPA).
Discover what you'll learn in the Introduction to Nutrition course with this overview from Dr. Sean M. Wells, DPT, PT, OCS, ATC/L, CSCS, NSCA-CPT, Cert-DN.
The purpose of the online Introduction to Nutrition course is to provide physical therapists (PTs) and physical therapist assistants (PTAs), and other similar healthcare providers like Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistant, Athletic Trainers (ATs, OTs, SLP) with the basic knowledge of nutrition and food.
Did you know that the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) House of Delegates (HOD) recently passed a measure stating that PTs can and should provide nutritional counseling within their scope of training and education?
Hear what Dr. Sean M. Wells, DPT, PT, OCS, ATC/L, CSCS, NSCA-CPT, Cert-DN has to say about the need for Nutritional Physical Therapy education.
Objectives: At the conclusion of the course, PTs and PTAs will be able to:
1. Define foundational principles of nutrition, such as macronutrients, micronutrients, daily limits/recommendations.
2. Understand the concept of the food industry and lobbies as it relates to food choices for health and wellness
3. Outline the function of specific nutrients as it relates to health and physical therapy
4. Identify foods sources for nutrients
5. Compare and contrast differing diet patterns of physical therapy patients including: the standard American diet (SAD), the Mediterranean diet, the plant-based diet, and other diets.
6. Identify common dietary assessments used in nutritional assessments by physical therapists
7. Analyze food labels to counsel physical therapy patients on food contents and nutrients
All 3 courses are only $208 and can be taken at your own pace. It is presented in a multimedia approach including visual, auditory, and interactive components to optimize your learning. Brief quizzes throughout the course and an end-of-course exam will promote retention and success in achieving the course objectives.
This course is approved by the Florida Physical Therapy Association (FPTA), a component of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) for Florida CE credit for physcial therapists (PTs) or Physical Therapy Assistants (PTAs).
"This course should be required for all PTs. I took all 3 courses offered by Sean. I highly recommend it."
Get the knowledge to feel confident & help your patients make healthy choices that will improve their quality of life and outcomes.